Sunday, January 24, 2016

cowboy coffee



My mom calls it cowboy coffee, and it's one of my favorite parts of camping. We'd taken the rain cover off of the tent the night before, so on this morning I was woken by the most beautiful pink-gold clouds moving quickly across the mountain valley. We'd wanted to get to the lake by sunrise, but the sky's dance coming through the open tent was too entrancing to move. I watched for a few minutes before crawling out of the tent to light the stove and put cool water on to boil. When the bubbles surfaced and Evan had stumbled out with sleepy eyes, we poured our coffee and walked to the lake in quiet gratefulness of what nature was offering us. It was the most peaceful and content time I could remember in so long. It's time to get back into the woods again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what's good?