Thursday, December 4, 2014

the perfect gingersnaps

This LA Christmas wouldn't quite be complete without a cactus, a dinosaur, a little lemon cypress tree in a tin can, and my favorite, ooey-gooey-with-crispy-edges-gingersnaps. If you want your house to smell like Christmas, bake these. We ate so many this weekend, as a late night snack with wine & then again with hot coffee in the chilly morning. I found this recipe from the Creme de la Crumb blog last year and it is still my favorite--chewy and pillowy, impeccably molasses-y. I added a little extra salt, just like my mama taught me, but other than that followed the recipe exactly. The perfect Christmas treat.   

4 comments:

  1. Ooh. I need to make some Gingersnaps now! And I LOVE the dinosaur; so, so cute!
    xo
    Kristina
    Eccentric Owl

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious. i love this holiday season ambiance. with the decoration, cookies, and all.
    have a great holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This set up is too cute. I'm gonna have to try that recipe as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, you definitely sold me on trying that cookie recipe! Love the feel of your Christmas-y home!!

    ReplyDelete

what's good?